Need a break from life?
Let's go to the beach for 30 minutes.
Sometimes you just need a few moments to refresh your day or night. Whether its at work, at home, or wherever, Immersions 2™ experiences can help you reset your mind. Let’s take a closer look at the best practices for getting away from life for a bit.
So, what’s really happening behind the scenes?
Regardless of where you’re at in your day, anxiety, stress, and fear can raise their ugly heads. These are always as the result of an event that’s taken place that you consider negative. Not all events are the same. What tips you may go unnoticed by others – and that’s okay. We call these events stressors.
It's important to remember is anxiety, stress, and fear are individual forms of a single emotion we collectively call stress. When a stressor occurs, it triggers your body’s fight or flight response and your adrenal glands start releasing a hormone called cortisol (other substances are released as well throughout your body) that prepares your body for what’s next. Cortisol is your stress hormone. It makes your heart pump 5 instead of 1 gallon per minute of blood, constricts exterior blood flow as it increases blood flow to your heart, dilates your pupils, triggers the release of other chemicals in your body, and triggers several other responses that make you more responsive to the moment. This response is an essential for life - but sometimes it doesn't know when to stop.
The problem is not all stressors are equal, and each stressor triggers another cortisol release. When this happens, cortisol can build to toxic levels that overwhelm your body. However, even mildly elevated cortisol causes profound physical and cognitive impacts that can include nervousness, sleep problems, wakefulness issues, concentration and attention problems, fatigue, cognitive issues, digestive problems, inhibited memory recall, high blood pressure, and countless other problems. Toxic levels of cortisol are linked to conditions and disease ranging from allergies to cancer and heart disease. Cortisol is nothing to play with and has been linked either as a causal or aggravating factor in almost all human conditions, diseases, and syndromes. This is why physicians call cortisol the death hormone.
Why do I feel so tired and yucky?
You can be feeling many ways and not associate them with stress. Sometimes you even feel perfectly fine. That’s the problem. When it comes to stressful feelings, we tend to write them off to life and living. Don’t. While you may write them off, what you're feeling is likely causing damage - even when you're feeling fine. Your response to stress doesn't need your permission or awareness to ply its nefarious trade. What’s important to understand is stress must be recognized and managed – but most simply don’t know how to do either.
For now, it’s simply enough to know when you feel unnaturally tired, or nervous, or stressed in any way, you’re likely feeling the impacts of stress - and it’s time to act.
Using Immersions 2™ experiences to calm and rejuvenate.
It’s time for a quick Immersions 2™ session! In as few as five minutes you will begin noticing stress vanishing and refreshing feelings emerging. We suggest a minimum of 10 minutes, but you can listen as long as you want.
Before you begin...
Secure your area. Safety is always your first consideration. Select an area where you won’t be harmed by wearing headphones are earbuds and unable to hear your environment. Never be in a position where another can be harmed by your inattentiveness. As you might expect, never listen to Refresh! experiences while driving any vehicle or operating machinery. If you’re not in a chair, sofa, bed, or anyplace designed especially for rest and relaxation in a safe environment, don’t use Refresh!
IMPORTANT! Always calibrate your listening device volume FIRST! Always set audio levels properly before listening to every experience to protect your ears from being damaged.
Please refer to your Immersions 2™ User's Guide for detailed calibration instructions.
Preparing for rest.
Resting is a great way to refresh yourself anytime of the day night. Here are a few tips.
- If you have medications that can keep you up like diuretics or stimulants, try taking them earlier in the day. Nothing breaks a great rest like realizing in the middle of your break you need a bathroom break!
- Turn off your computer monitor, the TV, any other music, or video. These will steal your mind's eye - which is essential to a restful experience.
- If you're at work, go someplace where there's not a great deal of activity.
- Don't drink caffeinated, stimulating, alcoholic, or sugary beverages before trying to rest. Not a great idea!
- Ditch the email and message apps! Remove any possible distractions. They will be there when you get back. This is your time to be away from all of that.
- Turn your phone ringer and vibration off. Put them in a secure place away from you, if possible.
- In the mood for love? Go for it! Sex is wonderful exercise, which is great for you and your day! It relaxes you in delightful ways! Just try to conclude your amiable gymnastics prior to your normal rest.
So, there you have it – a quick way to start your rest right! Next, we’ll cover using Life Environments Refresh!™.
Setting up Life Environments Refresh!™
Never use Life Environments Refresh!™ technology while operating machinery or when you are in a place where your undivided attention is required for your or others personal safety! Only use this technology when you are in a place where you can relax without fear of personal harm or harm to others.
Life Environments Refresh!™ is intended for adult usage only. Never use Immersions 2™ experiences on children or any individual with condition(s) that might be triggered or made worse by listening to active audio experiences.
Headphones or Earbuds. Since we’re talking about sleep here, you should only use wireless headphone or earbud technology to reduce risk of physical harm. Wired audio listening technology should never be used for sleep applications. We recommend Bluetooth® wireless technology for greatest clarity when sleep is an issue.
Don't use noise-cancelling technology. Never use noise-cancelling headphones or earbuds because they will cancel out critical frequency information from Life Environments technology.
If you suffer from a motion, neurological or psychiatric condition, whether diagnosed or not, refer to your physician before using this product.
What you'll need.
Headphones or earbuds. Headphones will deliver higher quality experiences than earbuds due to their ability to transmit more audio frequencies. Always use noise-isolating instead of noise-cancelling headphones. We test all experiences using Audio-Technica ATH-M50X headphones. These can be purchased for less than $150. These are excellent headphones. More expensive phones won't necessarily deliver a higher quality experience. However, far less expensive headphones can offer a delightful experience as well. Learn more about headphones and earbuds here...
For the nerds among you, we recommend headphones with a frequency response of 15 - 28,000 Hz for the greatest dynamics range. That being said, 20 - 22,000 Hz dynamic range headphones deliver acceptable experiences.
Internet-Enabled Device. You can use your Internet-enabled phone, tablet, pc or other device., as long as it is capable of broadcasting your Internet audio to your hearing device you use for your headphones or earbuds.
Your Life Environments Immersions 2™ Subscription. Access your Immersions 2™ subscription, sign in and select the experience you want. It’s just that easy!
Once you’re set up, it’s time to do the hard part – close your eyelids and allow your mind’s eye to explore as you ease into a gentle rest!
- Life Environments Immersions 2™ requires quality headphones or earbuds to deliver lifelike experiences. Contact with your head is an essential element of the experience. Loudspeakers cannot replicate the therapeutic Life Environments experience.
- Never use noise-canceling technology. It removes essential Life Environments frequencies and eliminates much of the experience.
- Never use wired headphones or earbuds when sleep is possible.
- Never use Life Environments Refresh!™ when you are sleeping near a baby or small child.
- Be careful with earbuds around pets or children. They are expensive choking hazards. If possible, get models with a lanyard between the earbuds and place them in a secure and safe location when done.
- Never have the volume of your headphones or earbuds so high you cannot hear others or smoke, CO2, security or other alarms in your home.
- Use common sense! Understand your environments and the potential threats to you or others when you are unable to hear or see. If in doubt, don't!